Lead

Oct 2 16 9:47 AM

Tags : :

Sulfur and your healthThe "beauty mineral", sulfur (S), is necessary for healthy skin, hair and nails. But its role in your body is much more significant than making your appearance more lustrous. It is also an important element of body detoxification: as a part of detox enzymes and sulfur-containing amino acids cysteine and methionine, it binds to toxic heavy metal contaminants - especially aluminum - making it much easier for your body to place them out of your system. At the same time, sulfur can exert toxicity in chemically sensitive, when it can be difficult to struck a balance between the need for it, and the danger it presents. Inorganic (not carbon-bonded) sulfur compounds, such as those found in fossil fuels and their emissions, pesticides, industrial compounds, food additives and drugs, can aggravate allergies, chemical sensitivities, symptoms of diabetes, impair immune system's antibody response and, possibly, even alter the DNA/RNA function.http://www.healthknot.com/sulfur.html

My goal is and always has been, to treat all my animals humanely, to uphold or improve the image of the beef industry, while at the same time maximizing my profit in a safe manner.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 2 16 4:54 PM

We have investigated the enzyme involved in sulfur oxidation of L-cysteine. Based on recent science literature, it appears the liver enzyme "cysteine dioxygenase" (CDO) is the primary regulating enzyme of cysteine. When this enzyme is not functioning at full strength, normal amounts of L-cysteine derived from food can elevate to dangerous levels in liver, plasma, and even the brain.
http://www.cfsn.com/sulph.html

My goal is and always has been, to treat all my animals humanely, to uphold or improve the image of the beef industry, while at the same time maximizing my profit in a safe manner.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 2 16 5:20 PM

Excess Sulfur
Excessive amounts of Sulfur can cause an allergy to the mineral as well as skin irritations and kidney damage.  Many people are intolerant to this mineral and often have a sensitivity to foods which contain high amounts of it, especially foods such as brocoli and garlic. Exposure to heavy metals may be a contributing factor to this condition.  Individuals may also be sensitive to sulfur containing pharmaceutical medications such as antibiotics and anti-inflammatories.   Some individuals have an impaired ability to oxidize and detoxify Sulfur compounds due to two reasons, one is a sensitivity to  Sulfur drugs due to impaired conjugation of sulfation pathways in the liver and the other is due to the impaired ability to regulate the amino acids Cysteine and Methionine.

Dietary sources of Sulfur
EGGS: Egg Yolks
FRUIT: Apple, Raspberries, Strawberries, Blackberries, Dates, Figs, Banana, Grapefruit, Pineapple
HERBS: Chives, Burdock Root, Mustard, Eyebright, Horseradish, Parsley, Dandelion, Burdock, Catnip, Echinacea, Ginsengs, Chilli
LEGUMES: Alfalfa
MEAT: Poultry, Pork, Beef
NUTS: Brazil Nuts
SEA VEGETABLES: Kelp
SEAFOOD: Fish
VEGETABLES: Cabbage, Potato, Celery, Beans, Avocado, Broccoli, Lettuce, Turnips, Brussels Sprouts, Onions, Spinach, Cucumber, Watercress, Parsnip, Cauliflower, Carrot, Fennel, Radish, Asparagus, Garlic

Natural tips to help remove excess Sulfur from the body
Consider taking another mineral which directly competes with the uptake of Sulfur in the body such as Zinc
Increasing your fibre intake in the form of psylium may help to bind to Sulfur and increase it's excretion from the body
Improving liver function and the phase 2 metabolic pathway in the liver may help to ensure that excess amounts are properly metabolised and excreted
Improving kidney function is also important, high amounts of sulfur may cause damage to the kidneys. Healthy kidneys will help ensure better elimination of excess sulfur

http://www.askanaturopath.com/faqs/sulphur/p/373

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 2 16 5:35 PM

Eggs are not only a rich source of protein, they're high in sulfur, with the white, or albumen, containing the majority. Each egg yolk contains 0.016 milligram of sulfur, and the white contains 0.195 milligram, according to B. Srilakshmi, author of "Food Science."
https://www.google.com/#q=excess+sulfur+in+the+body+symptoms

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help